July 2014 Meeting at Long Ashton (Malcolm Hanson)
1. Several of us had a great time at Skegex this year. Pictures can be seen here: http://www.nzmeccano.com/image-78599
We had a lively meeting here on July 11th with a good range of models. John Day brought a JCB dumper truck. Philip Drew showed us the latest incarnation of his Tricky Track model that seems to be infinitely variable and full of clever detail. New member Martin Arnold had his first attempt at a No.10 model in the form of the 1954 Lifting Shovel. Sam Medworth had created an appropriately timed model of a WW1 tank whilst David Worth brought some mini-models of Robots in his suitcase. I had my Eiffel Tower and a nice newly acquired 1922 No.4 Outfit. However, the star attraction was Neil Bedford’s Skegex Prize Winning model of a Routemaster Bus.
Models can be seen here: http://www.nzmeccano.com/image-78661 Neil Bedford has sent you all an email explaining the changes to the structure of the club that were also decided as this meeting.
2. The club will be supporting the Bristol Society of Model and Experimental Engineer’s exhibition at Thornbury on August 15th, 16th & 17th. A list of who is doing what when for this exhibition appears after the Newsletter proper.
3. The Henley Gathering will take place at the Christ Church Centre, Henley on Aug 30th. Modellers may enter at 9am, if you just want to go and look it will be 10am.
4. We will be supporting a new event at Portshead on Sept 13th organized by Dave Oyns one of the founder members of this club as you will see later!
5. Our next meeting will be at Richard Smith’s on Thursday October 2nd at 8:00pm. Richard’s address is The Old Corn Mill, Mill Lane, Tockington. Tockington is just west of the A38 and north of the M4.