The Malcolm Hanson Trophy – Rules
1) The Malcolm Hanson Trophy will be awarded to the best model completed during a Calendar year.
2) Eligibility to win the trophy is open to any model shown at a South West Meccano Club event in a calendar year. Our four club meetings and the Thornbury show are the main occasions but if the club holds an event somewhere else, then this will be included. Events held by other clubs but attended by SWMC members will not be included.
3) This competition is open to SWMC members only.
4) Any model can only ever win the cup once.
5) The club committee will keep a list of models completed and shown during a year and this will be sent to the membership after our last event for the year (usually held at the end of October). The builder should confirm their model 'complete' for it to be eligible.
6) Members will be invited to vote for their top five models by the end of the year. For each member’s vote, 5 points will be awarded to their top choice down to one point for their fifth choice.
7) Voting will be open from the end of the final meeting until Christmas each year.
8) The Malcolm Hanson Trophy will be presented to the winner at the first club meeting of the following year (usually January). Models that came second, third, fourth and fifth will also be announced.
9) The Committee will have the trophy engraved with the winner’s name (and the year awarded) before it is announced and presented at the applicable January meeting.
10) The trophy will be kept by the winner for the year and must be returned ready for the new winner by the beginning of December.
11) The winner will also receive a small cup engraved with South West Meccano Club, The Malcolm Hanson Trophy, their name and the year won, which they can keep forever.
Neil Bedford (Chairman SWMC)